- Waste processing centre
- Waste pickup
- What should I do with household waste?
- Would you like to do more?
If you would like to foster a healthier environment, there are some practical things you can do in your day-to-day life. Here are some helpful waste reduction tips:
- Start recycling.
- Start composting.
- Avoid overconsumption and reuse things.
- Opt for reusable bags (tote bags).
- Opt for rechargeable batteries instead of disposable ones.
- Donate or sell used clothing.
- Borrow or rent renovation/construction tools.
- Extend the useful life of your objects. Objects can sometimes be repaired, including household appliances and electronics.
- Reduce paper consumption in various ways: read articles/books on your computer, reduce the number of documents you print or print double-sided.
- Drink tap water instead of bottled water; if you must drink bottled water, a reusable bottle is preferable to a disposable cup.
- Eat less take-out food and cook at home instead.
- Use reusable dishes and store leftovers in reusable containers.
- Opt for larger-size formats (yogurt, cereal, etc.) and bulk products instead of smaller individual portions.
- Avoid food waste by drawing up a list of weekly meals. Be sure to check expiry dates before purchasing packaged products.
- Opt for eco-refill formats, which reduce the need for packaging. Ecofill products are usually household items such as liquid soap, shampoo and detergent.