- My construction project
- Related information
Building permit application
How to apply for a building permit?
There are 3 ways to apply for a permit:
- The fastest: By completing your application online on our Cloud Permit platform.
- By sending us an email (email@example.com) that include the attached form, your site plan and a copy of your tax invoice (or the authorization from the owner).
- The slowest: In person by scheduling an appointment by phone 506-727-7979. You will need to bring the completed form, your site plan and your property tax invoice (or the authorization from the owner).
In all 3 cases, a planning officer will make an initial verification of your project according to the applicable regulations and will give you the list of documents to provide before submitting and finalize your request.
Depending on the type of construction project, here is the list of documents that the development officer might ask you for in order to complete your request:
- Owner Authorisation (If different from the applicant)
- Details of the activity if the project is commercial (information sheet on use) (French Only)
- Details of plans to be supplied in accordance with the project:
- Construction of a single or two-family dwelling (French Only)
- Construction of a prefabricated house (French Only)
- Extension to a single, two-family or prefabricated dwelling (French Only)
- Residential accessory building (55m² or more) (French Only)
- Deck, patio, gallery, pool patio… (French Only)
- Agricultural building (French Only)
- Adding / replacing a foundation (French Only)
- Commercial projects part 9 (French Only)
- Commercial projects part 3 (French Only)
- Commercial accessory building (French Only)
- Models of residential plans
- Location (French Only)
- Foundation (French Only)
- Floor (Residential) (French Only)
- Typical wall detail (French Only)
- Typical staircase detail (French Only)
- Front elevation sketch (Accessory Building) (French Only)
- Inground Pool (French Only)
- Above ground pool and patio (Platform/Deck) (French Only)
- Models of commercial plans
- External Approbations
- Watercourse and Wetland Alteration Permit – Environment and Local Government Department (GNB)
- Set back Certificate – Department of Transportation and Infrastructure (GNB)
- Septic system approval – Public Safety Department (GNB)
- Connection to the aqueduct and sanitary sewer system permit – City or Town (Municipality)
Approval or exemption in regards to the Wellfield Protected Area Designation Order – Environment and Local Government Department (GNB)
Civic address or copy of the request form (911) – Public Safety Department (GNB)